Rizatriptan is active ingredient for medicines manufactured by differ manufacturers and sold in differ countries under the trade names Maxalt. All these medicines are original brand name medicines or pharmaceutical analogues.
- Rizatriptan is in a class of medications called selective serotonin receptor agonists.
- Rizatriptan is used to treat migraines.
- Rizatriptan affects a certain natural chemical (serotonin) that constricts blood vessels in the brain. Rizatriptan may also block other pain pathways in the brain.
- Rizatriptan helps to relieve headaches, pain and other symptoms of migraines, including sensitivity to light/sound, nausea, and vomiting.
- The active ingredient of Rizatriptan is Rizatriptan.